Billie Eilish Opens Up About Sexuality Following Unwanted Public Disclosure at Variety Hitmakers Brunch

Billie Eilish, the celebrated 'What Was I Made For' artist, recently graced the Variety Hitmakers Brunch in Los Angeles, where she received an honor. However, in a candid Instagram post on Sunday, she expressed gratitude for the award while addressing the organization's untimely focus on her sexuality during the red carpet interview.

 

Billie Eilish

In her Instagram caption, Eilish acknowledged Variety for the accolade but raised concern about being inadvertently "outed" on the red carpet at 11 am. The post featured a shot of her belt buckle adorned with the silhouettes of two women. Eilish asserted her right to privacy, stating, "I like boys and girls, leave me alone about it, please. Literally, who cares? Stream 'What Was I Made For.'"

 

This post followed her interview with Variety a day prior to the event, where she revisited her November interview discussing her attraction to both men and women. Responding to questions about whether she intended to come out, Eilish expressed surprise, saying, "No, I didn't, but I kinda thought, 'Wasn't it obvious?' I didn't realize people didn't know."

 

The singer emphasized her disinterest in formally announcing her sexuality, stating, "I'm just like, why can't we just exist? I've been doing this for a long time and I just didn't talk about it." Reflecting on the Variety profile, she admitted, "I saw the article and I was like, 'Oh, I guess I came out today. OK, cool.'" Eilish found excitement in the revelation, noting, "It's cool that they know."

 

Despite nervousness, Eilish affirmed her support for girls, expressing attraction to them and acknowledging their significance in her life. Her previous comments in the Variety profile from the preceding month hinted at her connection with girls, stating, "I've never really felt like I could relate to girls very well." She further emphasized her love for them, both as individuals and romantically.

 

While speculation had arisen regarding her sexuality after the November profile, Eilish chose Saturday's red carpet as the platform to address and clarify her comments, reclaiming control over her narrative.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speedy Breakfast Solutions: Start Your Day Right in Just 15 Minutes

Lee Jae-myung, South Korea's Opposition Leader, Survives Brazen Stabbing Attack in Busan

Did OpenAI Board Remove Sam Altman to Avert a Threat to Humanity?

A Night to Remember: George and Amal Clooney Shine at Seattle Screening of "The Boys in the Boat"

Unveiling the Sensational Lovehoney Rose Clitoral Suction Stimulator – Black Friday Extravaganza!

Hilaria Baldwin's 40th Birthday Bash: An Unforgettable Celebration with Family and a 'Baldwinito Dance Party'

Kristen Taekman Unveils a Transformed Ramona on ‘RHUGT: RHONY’ Legacy

Catch the Wave of Festivity: Surfing Santas Ride into Cocoa Beach for Christmas Eve Fun

Kody Brown's Unconventional Marriage Agreement and Struggles in Sister Wives Relationship

Unveiling Soon: Affordable Odysse Vader Electric Bike Set to Hit Indian Roads in December